On June 2, CAP and MPT board members, senior staff volunteers, and their families took part in a worthwhile cause to help fight hunger in the community at the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. Along with other groups of volunteers, the CAP team inspected, sorted, labeled, and packaged food to be distributed to those in need.
In two and a half hours, the entire group sorted over 11,000 pounds of food donated by food drives and supermarkets that helped build 9,600 meals. These meals, along with other essentials, are distributed to children, seniors, families, and others in need. Community support enables the Food Bank to serve more than 300,000 people on a monthly basis. With an estimated 1.4 million people in Los Angeles County living with food insecurity, volunteer efforts such as these make a huge difference.
In the end, all volunteers were grateful to have the opportunity to help make a difference in the community. For more information about this organization, visit https://www.lafoodbank.org/.
We are very proud of everyone who participated in the Food Drive Sort-A-Thon Project at the LA Regional Food Bank, most notably:
- Dr. Wayne Kleinman
- Dr. Charles Steinmann
- Dr. Sheila Clayton
- Dr. Phil Unger
- Dr. Greg Lizer
- Dr. Graham Purcell
- Dr. Lisa Thomsen and her husband, Chris Martinez
- Dr. Stewart Shanfield
- CAP CEO Sarah Pacini and her daughter, Hannah
- CAP COO Cindy Belcher and her husband, Pete
- CAP CFO John Donaldson and his wife, Kathy
- CAP Senior Vice President, Claims, Jeff Stoner
- CAP General Counsel, Gordon Ownby
- CAP Assistant Vice President, Corporate Communications, Hana Kim
- CAP Digital Communications Specialist, Alex Guerrero
To see images from the event, visit CAP’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CooperativeofAmericanPhysiciansInc.