Medical Malpractice Coverage
Cooperative of American Physicians Insurance Company (CAPIC) provides exceptional medical malpractice coverage options tailored to large medical groups.
CAPIC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. (CAP) and maintains an A- (Excellent) rating from AM Best.¹
In addition to offering superior coverage at competitive rates, CAPIC delivers exceptional service, access to seasoned claims professionals, and a suite of risk management and patient safety programs to help medical groups reduce costs and operate more efficiently.
To learn more about the CAPIC difference, contact Mitch Temple, Vice President of Business Development, at 213-473-8697 or MTemple@CAPphysicians.com.
Solutions that go beyond typical medical malpractice coverage for superior protection and support.
- Experienced, flexible, and targeted underwriting
- Regulatory defense sublimit for medical license, Medicare and Medicaid billing, and OSHA
- Access to practice management and business solutions that can help clients save time and money
Thorough investigation and analysis of claims by skilled professionals who provide:
- Prompt claims investigation and defense
- Consultation with specialty-specific, board-certified physicians
- Collaboration with our clients
Top-tier lawyers handle sensitive legal matters and focus on the best possible outcomes through:
- Resolutions without unnecessary motions
- Cost-effective management of litigation process
- Educational programs for litigation support
Large Medical Group Benefits and Services
Personalized service from risk management and patient safety experts who offer:
- 24/7 hotline access for adverse event assistance
- Risk mapping across all service areas to identify improvement strategies
- CME-accredited education for leadership and clinical staff
Supplemental benefits available for purchase at a discounted price, including:
- CyberRisk Insurance Liability - $50,000 for each claim/up to $250,000 aggregate
- Employment Practices Plan - $50,000 per employment event/$150,000 aggregate per plan period to help cover legal expenses associated with employment-related lawsuits alleging wrongful termination
- Group Long-Term Disability - Up to $2,000 per month for up to 24 months
- Group Term Life Insurance - $10,000 in the event of death
Discounted business and practice management products and services that include:
- Group purchasing program
- Online marketing platform
- IT and HIPAA compliance support
- Online compliance trainings
- Patient Experience Survey Program
- Exceptional turnaround on submissions and proposals
- We complete 99% of credentialing requests the same or the next business day
- Clients enjoy expedited 2-3 days provider change requests
CAPIC is a non-admitted insurer.
1AM Best Credit Rating Analyst
The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. is licensed as a property and casualty broker-agent and surplus lines broker (California license No. OB72723).
*CAPIC benefits are available for purchase by medical groups at a discounted group premium. Certain exclusions and deductibles may apply.
View the CAPIC Privacy Notice here.