The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. (CAP) promotes a range of products and services designed with the welfare of physicians in mind. From the professional liability coverage provided through the Mutual Protection Trust (MPT) and the CAPAssurance Risk Purchasing Group (CAPAssurance), to the range of services and products offered through CAP and its affiliates, CAP’s goal is to match healthcare providers with the best products and services—all tailored to fit their needs.
Information We Collect
When you join CAP, you provide us with personal information. We collect and use that information to service your needs at CAP, MPT, and CAPAssurance. We treat this personal information as confidential, limit access to those who need it to perform their jobs, and take steps to protect our systems from unauthorized access. The personal information we obtain falls into two general categories:
- Information we receive from you on the application and other forms you complete (e.g., first name, last name, organization, phone number, address, email, and CAP identification number) relating to:
- CAP enrollment;
- Professional liability coverage through MPT and/or CAPAssurance;
- Other products and services available through CAP for which you request quotes or purchase;
- Information about your transactions with CAP, MPT, CAPAssurance, and CAP’s affiliates, including the CAP Physicians Insurance Agency, Inc. and the Cooperative of American Physicians Insurance Company, Inc.
Reasons We Share Your Information
We want you to feel secure about the non-public personal information you give to CAP. There are several reasons why we may need to share this information:
- For CAP’s everyday business purposes–for example, to process your requests, maintain and service your records and accounts, administer CAP benefits and programs, and respond to court orders or legal investigations.
- For everyday business purposes of MPT, CAPAssurance, and CAP’s affiliates.
- For CAP’s marketing purposes with service providers we use, including affiliated group purchasing organizations and vendors–to offer our products and services to you.
To Limit the Sharing of Your Information
All CAP members and participants have the opportunity to tell us if they do not want to receive direct marketing offers from CAP, its affiliates, or other affiliated service providers. You may choose not to receive marketing offers by any method, be it direct mail, email, or fax.
To tell us your preference, you may:
Write us at:
CAP Membership Services
333 S. Hope Street, 8th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Call us at: 800-252-7706
Email us at: MS@CAPphysicians.com
Fax us at: 213-473-8773
To ensure that we accurately fulfill your request, please provide your full name and street address, member number, telephone number, fax number for fax requests, and email address for email requests. Even if you elect not to receive product information by direct mail, fax, or email, you will continue to:
- Be contacted as necessary for routine CAP services
- Receive marketing information through our regular monthly CAPsules publication
- Receive notices regarding political activities affecting the medical professional liability industry and solicitations for contributions to CAP’s political action committees
Of course, if you wish to continue receiving valuable and convenient product and service offers, no action is required.