If you’re still trying to navigate MACRA’s Quality Payment Program (QPP), including MIPS, you are not alone: Many physicians have been delaying or completely avoiding participating in the QPP, not only because of the complexities of the program, but because of its frequent changes. The good news is there’s plenty of help out there and we’re here to point you in the right direction.
Over the past several months, CAP has been working closely with the nonprofit Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) to help our members gain a better understanding of QPP to help maximize reimbursement. In early 2017, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded contracts to community-based organizations throughout the country, including HSAG, to fund on-the-ground QPP training and education to clinicians in individual or small group practices.
The following are some of the valuable no-cost benefits CAP members can take advantage of through HSAG’s Quality Payment Program Services Center:
- One-on-one technical assistance to help you select the best quality measures for your practice.
- Telephone support at 844-472-4227 to speak with a QPP specialist.
- Email support for any questions you may have. Typical response is one business day.
- Learning Forum Fridays, a series of weekly educational webinars.
- Other tools and resources featured on the HSAG website.
To contact HSAG to register to receive no-cost technical assistance, visit www.HSAG.com or call 844-472-4227.
In addition, CAP is maintaining a robust MACRA resource center on our website that includes an updated version of the informative MACRA white paper, latest updates from CMS, and more.
We hope you take advantage of the tools and resources that HSAG and CAP have to offer to help ease the burden of payer reimbursement.