If you are considering a change in your practice this year or in 2024, please notify CAP as soon as possible so our Membership Services Department can work with you to ensure that any necessary coverage transitions are implemented smoothly. Changes include, but are not limited to:
- Retirement from practice at age 55+
- Part-time practice (e.g., 20 or fewer hours per week or 16 hours for anesthesiologists)
- Reduction or any change in the scope of your practice
- Employment with a government agency or non-private practice setting
- Employment with an HMO or other self-insured organization
- Joining a practice insured by another carrier
- Moving out of state
- Termination of membership
The Mutual Protection Trust Board (MPT) of Trustees will levy an assessment in November 2023. To allow ample processing time, we strongly recommend that you complete your Coverage Update Form (CUF) no later than October 31, 2023, to be evaluated for reductions or proration of the 2024 assessment.
The online Membership Information Update form is now available in the Member’s Area of the CAP website at https://member.CAPphysicians.com.
If you have not yet registered for the Member’s Area, please register for an account at
https://member.CAPphysicians.com/register. You will need your member number and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
For assistance, please call Membership Services at 800-610-6642 or email MS@CAPphysicians.com.