CAPAssurance, a Risk Purchasing Group, knows the business of healthcare and invites you to take advantage of the following webinars, publications, and articles to help support your success.
Free On-Demand Webinars
Get easy access to important programs addressing critical topics to help reduce liability risk and manage a safe and productive operation.
On-Demand Webinar: Key Strategies for Ensuring a Profitable Independent Practice
During this one-hour program, practice management expert Debra Phairas discusses how various business models and operational enhancements can increase revenue to help your practice remain successful in today’s competitive marketplace.
• Tackling the Crisis of Physician Burnout
• Key Strategies for Addressing Violence in the Medical Practice
• AB 35: Truth and Impact
• Medication Errors and Your Liability: Tips for Reducing Risk
• Avoiding Critical Flaws in the Consent Process
• Creating the Extraordinary Patient Experience
• When Things Go Wrong: Transparency and Management of Adverse Events
• Patient Safety Beyond the Exam Room: Managing a Medical and Office Staff
• Working with NPs and PAs: Reducing Liability Risks
• The Ins and Outs of Managing Patient Complaints
Case of the Month
Benefit from the important lessons learned from the popular “Case of the Month,” article series and build on best practices to minimize risk.
• ALWAYS Document Your Informed Refusal Conversations
• Jury Awarded $19.7 Million in a Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Suit Despite Patient Negligence
• The Indefensibility of Poor Documentation
• What’s at Risk When Communicating With a Deaf Patient
• Patient’s Aggressive Choice Could Remove a Diagnostic Safety Net
• Court Explains ‘Implied Malice’ in Upholding Physician’s Murder Convictions
• Plaintiff Gets Leeway in Timing of Suit Against Subsequent Treater
• Medical Record Documentation: Time is of the Essence
• Think Twice Before Asking for That Photograph
• Put the Patient in the Information Loop
• Court Backs PA’s License Revocation Over MD Supervision Setup
• Office Protocols Can Fail – So Training Must be Constant
• Specialist Referrals Are Not Always Enough
• Secure a Rich Record to Draw From – Just in Case
Learn best practice guidelines and actionable strategies to reduce risk through detailed studies that overview common risk trends in a specific specialty group.
Featured Risk Management and Patient Safety Focused Reviews
• A Look into Hospitalist Practice
• A Look into Pediatrics
• A Look into Urgent Care Medicine
• A Look into Working With Advanced Practice Professionals
Download free guides that offer guidance on how to avoid lawsuits and navigate negative patient outcomes should they occur.
• Avoiding Lawsuits: The Role Your Staff Can Play
• The Healthcare Provider’s Guide to Handling Adverse Outcomes
Read these short pieces that provide easy, actionable information to avoid common risk situations that impact physicians and healthcare organizations of all sizes and settings.
• Psychotherapy Notes and Progress Notes: What’s the Difference?
• One Year Later: The Post-Dobbs Healthcare Landscape
• To Charge, or Not to Charge, That is the Question...
• Communicating With the Deaf and Hearing Impaired in the Healthcare Setting
• To Have and to Hold: Clearing up Misconceptions About 5150 Holds in Healthcare
• Recording Office Visits: Is it Right for Your Practice?
• When it Comes to Documentation, Choose Civility
• Identifying, Understanding, and Unlearning Implicit Bias
• Till Death Do Us Part: Dos and Don’ts of Signing the Certificate
• From the Dark Side: The Alarming Rise of Violence in Healthcare
• Avoiding Medication Errors in the Practice Setting: What Is a Medication Error?
• The Importance of an Advance Directive Cannot be Overlooked
• From First Impressions to Trusting Connections: How to Establish and Maintain a Positive Physician-Patient Relationship
• Promoting Accountability Through The Patient Partnership Plan
• Ketamine - What's All the Hype About?
• “You Didn’t Tell Me That.” Informed Refusal as a Defense
• Curbside Consultations: What the Practitioner Must Know
• Telemedicine Webside Manner: Putting Your Best Face Forward
• “Flying right”: Adapting Aviation’s ‘Sterile Cockpit Rule’ to Improve Patient Safety in the OR
• “Counts Are Correct”: Retained Foreign Objects
• Educating Your Patients on Disposing of Unwanted Medications
The Truth Behind AB 35 and Its Impact on California Physicians
Earn CME with complimentary access to UpToDate, the premier online evidence-based clinical decision support resource: Learn More.
Contact the CAPAssurance 24-hour Risk Management Hotline at 800-499-6248 to report a claim or to request immediate guidance on managing adverse events and high-exposure incidents. Or send an email to CAPAssurance@CAPphysicians.com.
The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. is licensed as a property and casualty broker-agent and surplus line broker (California license No. OB72723). Insurance purchased through CAPAssurance, a Risk Purchasing Group, is from a non-admitted surplus line insurer, rated A by AM Best, and that is not licensed by the state of California.