The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. (CAP) provides superior medical professional liability coverage with unique benefits to nearly 13,000 California physicians through its Mutual Protection Trust (MPT).
- Competitive Rates – CAP can help physicians save on the cost of medical professional liability coverage.
- Telemedicine Coverage – No additional charge when providing care for California patients.
- Assertive Claims Defense – More than 80 percent of all claims are resolved with no indemnity payment.
- In-house Legal Defense – Exceptional representation for the best possible outcomes.
- Financial Stability – MPT is rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best – the strongest rating of any physician- owned company.
- Proven Track Record – Physician-owned and physician-governed, CAP has provided superior medical professional liability coverage since 1977.
- Prior-acts (nose) Coverage – Eliminates the need to purchase tail coverage from your current carrier.
- Free Tail Coverage – Upon retirement.
In addition to financially secure medical malpractice coverage, CAP members receive uncompromised service and no-cost benefits that include access to a wide variety of practice and risk management services, and personal and business insurance programs.
CAP members receive automatic supplemental insurance benefits at no cost to protect them from the risks associated with running a medical practice. Included are:
- Employment Practices Plan (EPP)¹
Up to $50,000 for legal expenses associated with employment-related lawsuits
- MedGuard Plan
Up to $25,000 per year in legal expenses associated with certain disciplinary proceedings or government investigations of alleged fraud, abuse, or non-compliance
- CyberRisk Insurance¹
Provides $50,000 of protection against potential data breaches
CAP members can purchase additional coverage for these automatic benefits and access excellent rates on other essential business insurance products, like a business owner’s policy (BOP), workers’ comp insurance, and much more. Call Symphony Health at 800-819-0061 or send an email to email@example.com to learn more or click here for additional information.
CAP members receive automatic life and disability coverage as a free benefit, which includes:
- Group Life Insurance Policy: $10,000 coverage in the event of death
- Group Long Term Disability Insurance: Up to $2,000/month for up to two years
In addition to this automatic coverage, upon joining, CAP members can purchase up to $10,000 per month of disability insurance and up to $500,000 of life insurance—all guaranteed with no health exam.1 Other voluntary benefits, like vision/dental, critical illness insurance, and much more are also available for purchase at excellent rates during open enrollment periods. Call Symphony Health at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or click here for additional information.
CAP’s practice management team helps members address complex administrative challenges to help them run a more efficient practice. Through CAP’s My Practice program, practice management experts provide members with customized solutions to a wide variety of practice- and business-related issues, all to help increase revenue and decrease costs. Members receive free advice, practice evaluations, and access to first-rate resources. My Practice offers guidance for general inquiries about billing and coding, streamlining workflow and costs, front and back-office operations, regulations, and more.
CAP members have exclusive access to no-cost or discounted practice management programs. All programs are offered through CAPAdvantage and are administered by highly reputable, vetted vendors who can help members save on crucial practice management services and products. Programs offered address areas like commercial real estate, medical practice financing, payroll and benefits administration, payment processing, IT and HIPAA compliance, financing, and so much more.
CAP is committed to continually educating members on best practices to promote patient safety, reduce medical liability, and foster positive physician-patient relationships. Members and their staff can take advantage of training programs and events led by experienced CAP risk management and patient safety specialists – most of whom are RNs or JDs – or both. These programs include:
- 24/7 Risk Management Hotline – Immediate access to our CAP Cares program in the event of an adverse outcome.
- Virtual Practice Visit – An in-depth risk analysis conducted by a highly trained risk management specialist.
- Risk Management Institute – An online risk-reduction program designed specifically for front- and back-office medical staff.
- Take Aim at Risk – Flagship online CME program covering the fundamentals of effective risk management in the medical practice.
CAP understands that complex HR issues can arise at any moment. Members have access to expert guidance from HR professionals to help manage employee-related issues, maintain a positive professional environment, and create a great patient experience. Members have free access to:
- Human Resources Hotline – Members and office administrators can call CAP during business hours with any employment-related question, no matter how big or small.
- Customizable Employment Manual – Member practices can get a comprehensive, medical practice-specific tool to help effectively manage employment policy, available for download at no charge.
- Training—Members and their staff have access to free online HIPAA training, state mandated sexual harassment avoidance training, and other virtual programs to prevent discrimination in the workplace.
¹Various deductibles and/or exclusions may apply.