Effective October 31, 2022
2. Children’s Personal Information
The App is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under 17 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at ms@CAPphysicians.com.
3. Information We Collect
- Information You Submit
We, and our vendors, may obtain personal information that you provide to us directly through your use of the App, such as data you submit when you complete forms, request policy information, or make payments through the App. Personal information we, and our vendors, collect may include your name, email address, phone number, and payment processing information.
- Information We Collect Automatically
We or our vendors may use a variety of tracking technologies that automatically collect certain information whenever you interact with the App. This may include usage details related to your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, crash analytics, and/or other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App, as well as device information such as internet connection information, the device's operating system, browser type, and mobile network information.
4. APP Permissions
Depending on your device or App permission settings, the App may have access to the following information from your device:
- Storage. The App may access your device's storage to read and write files and photos you choose to use in the App. These files and photos may be used as attachments that are sent to CAP or they may be created from attachments sent to you from CAP.
- Camera. The App may use your camera to take photos. You choose if you want to use photos to personalize your account or send them as file attachments when you send messages to CAP.
- Microphone: The App may use your microphone to capture audio for telephone calls. The App will not store your audio data.
- Phone. The App may use your phone to call phone numbers displayed or provided by the App. The App will not store your call history or other call data.
- Other information. The App may access other aspects of your device, such as to control vibration, run at startup, have full network access, use device security hardware such as fingerprint login, view network connections, prevent phone from sleeping, change audio settings, and receive data from Internet.
5. The Limited Ways We Use Your Information
We do not sell or license your information. These are the limited ways we interact with your information in connection with our mobile apps:
- Our mobile app lets users who are registered members through CAP access their Certificate of Coverage, contact CAP’s Rick Management Hotline, and access the CAP Website to review information, make payments or view account balances. The app also lets users request information from CAP Physicians Insurance Agency on additional insurance policies and products.
- When you choose to add a profile photo to our mobile apps, you may select an existing photo on your device or take a new photo using the camera app on your device. If you select an existing photo on your device, we store a copy of your chosen photo in app-private storage on your device. If you use the camera app on your device to take a new photo, the photo you take is first saved to your camera app and then also saved to app-private storage on your device. If you remove the photo from your profile or delete our mobile apps, the copy of the photo is deleted from the app-private storage, but the photo saved to your camera app remains available in your camera app until you choose to delete it.
- When you choose to view documents (such as letters or images) using our mobile app, to make the files viewable for you we temporarily store copies on your device in app-private storage. The temporary copies are deleted when you close your session on our mobile apps.
- Our mobile app will ask for access to File, Photos and Media to allow users to upload or download documents and message attachments in correspondence CAP or the CAP Agency.
- Our mobile app will ask for access to wi-fi and cellular data connection to monitor the connection to better optimize your experience with the App.
- We have an option to delete the user account within the app as requested by Apple Store Guideline 5.1.1. As a result of account deletion via our mobile app, your account information will not be deleted by CAP and will remain available directly through our website. Registered members can always re-create a new account within our mobile app to re-obtain access to your account information.
- While you use our app, we collect non-identifying information so we can provide customer service to you to understand how people use our mobile app so we can improve our products. This information includes the time you began using the app, any error messages or codes, the model of device used and its operating system, and the version of our mobile app used. If you use Android devices, we also collect your connection type (cellular or Wi-Fi) during an error.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of the communication. You can decide how much information you want to share with us in those cases.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other vendors to help us operate our business and the App, or administer activities on our behalf, such as App maintenance, and payment processing.
- To others, at your direction. For example, you may share your information with CAP Physicians Insurance Agency through the App.
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (e.g., further to a merger, reorganization, liquidation, or any other business transaction), including negotiations of such transactions. To others with your consent.
- In some cases, to other devices or applications as per your preferences. You have the ability to review which devices or apps have access to your information. Connecting to other devices or applications, may entail sharing information between the App and such devices related to the device’s technologies or features.
- As permitted by law; (ii) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process; or (iii) to enforce our policies, or to protect legal rights, property, or safety.
7. External Links and Features
The App may contain links to, or features facilitated by, other online services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or content of online services that CAP does not control.
Please note that other online services have their own privacy policies and CAP is not responsible or liable for these policies.
8. Your Choices
- If you have a registered account with the App, you may log in and update certain preferences, account settings, or personal information details. You may also download and send information through the App or change sharing and device/app access preferences. You can also manage communications that you receive from us, including the method of communication (e.g., emails, phone calls, texts).
- You may also use your device settings to change your App permissions preferences
9. For California Residents
California's "Shine the Light" law permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request information about our compliance with Shine the Light by contacting us at by e-mail at ms@CAPphysicians.com. Any such request must include "California Shine The Light Privacy Rights Request" in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
10. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.