Medical Malpractice Coverage
As a program of the Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. (CAP),1 CAPAssurance, a Risk Purchasing Group, offers superior medical malpractice coverage specifically tailored to large medical groups, facilities, and hospitals at the lowest possible rate. The CAPAssurance program proudly carries on CAP’s long-standing reputation for innovation, excellence, and service.
The CAPAssurance Difference
Customized solutions for secure and trusted medical malpractice coverage, including:
- Immediate eligibility for financial rewards
- Broad coverage options and simplified policy coverage form
- Medical Premises Liability included in policy/standalone general liability available
Thorough investigation and analysis of claims by skilled professionals who provide:
- Collaboration with members on claims resolution
- Prompt service and response
- Consultations with specialty-specific board-certified physicians
Top-tier lawyers handle sensitive legal matters and focus on the best possible outcomes through:
- Direct resolution without unnecessary motions
- Prevention of unwarranted depositions
- Educational programs for litigation support
Personalized service from risk management and patient safety experts who offer:
- 24/7 hotline access for adverse event assistance
- Risk mapping across all service areas to identify improvement strategies
- CME-accredited education for leadership and clinical staff
- And more!
Discounted business and practice management products and services that include:
- Group purchasing program
- Online marketing platform
- IT and HIPAA compliance support
- Online compliance trainings
- And more!
Benefits available for purchase by medical groups at a discounted group premium, including:
- Group Long-Term Disability - Up to $2,000 per month for up to 24 months
- Group Term Life Insurance - $10,000 in the event of death
- CyberRisk Insurance Liability - $50,000 for each claim/up to $250,000 aggregate
- Employment Practices Plan - $50,000 per employment event/$150,000 aggregate per plan period to help cover legal expenses associated with employment-related lawsuits alleging wrongful termination
1The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. is licensed as a property and casualty broker-agent and surplus line broker (California license No. OB72723). Insurance purchased through CAPAssurance is from a non-admitted or surplus line insurer that is not licensed by the state of California.
*CAPAssurance benefits are available for purchase by medical groups at a discounted group premium. Certain exclusions and deductibles may apply.