Practice Management Services
As a physician-owned organization, CAP’s top priority is ensuring the success and well-being of our members. In addition to delivering the finest medical malpractice coverage, we offer members a range of ancillary practice management programs to help you optimize the business side of practicing medicine. This comprehensive approach enables you to confidently secure needed practice management services through your trusted malpractice provider.
To help alleviate specific administrative tasks for our members and their staff, we provide hospitals and other third parties direct access to credentialing documents through CAP Privileges Online. As an enrolled participant in this program, you will have continuous electronic access to CAP member physician certificates of coverage and claims history documents for which a signed consent form has been provided.
To apply for enrollment, please complete the Account Access Information Form and fax it to 213-473-8773.
Human resource and personnel issues can be one of the most daunting aspects of practice management. We offer our members a wide range of free HR support services to help you effectively manage staff-related issues and foster a more positive work environment. Our offerings include:
- A human resources hotline for employment-related questions, such as termination, wage and hours matters, leaves of absence, discrimination allegations, employee misconduct, performance problems, and more.
- Employment-related legal consultation
- A customizable Human Resource Manual that considers federal and state labor issues and can be applied to any size practice.
- Educational Human Resources video library
CAP Purchasing Alliance is a free member benefit that saves you money on everyday purchases of supplies and services for your practice. Enrollment in the program is quick and easy. Once you’re enrolled, you have access to the most comprehensive and competitively priced source of medical and non-medical supplies. This program allows independent physician practices to receive the same pricing as the nation’s largest health systems. You’ll save money on items such as exam gloves, needles and syringes, IV sets and solutions, wound care, sutures, shipping, office supplies, and more.
Practice management matters, such as business operations, accounting, and financial planning sometimes require an expert’s help to truly optimize a medical practice. We offer a vetted directory of consultants, services, and products that can improve your business and provide assistance related to transition issues for your practice. Access the CAP Marketplace.
The directory includes the names and contact information of a variety of product and service providers, including:
- Practice management and business consultants
- Accountants and other financial service providers
- Criminal and business law attorneys
- Medical supplies
- Billing and coding providers
- Much more!
CAPAdvantage is a suite of no-cost or discounted practice management programs exclusive to CAP members. CAPAdvantage leverages the buying power of your 12,000 member-strong cooperative. All programs are administered by highly reputable, CAP-vetted vendors designed to save you time, money, and aggravation.
Here is a list of programs available under the CAPAdvantage umbrella.
- Bailes & Associates, Inc. - No-cost, no-obligation real estate support to secure new or additional office space, or effectively negotiate your lease renewal
- Bank of America (Residential Mortage)
- Bank of America Medical Practice Financing - Competitive terms on practice purchases, business debt consolidation, office improvement and expansion, and more - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- BASYS Credit Card Processing - Direct credit and debit card processing solutions including terminals, POS systems, and more
- CAP Purchasing Alliance - Free group purchasing program that grants access to money-saving contracts for medical/surgical and non-medical supplies
- Hippocractic Financial Advisors - Individually tailored financial and insurance planning solutions, from diversified tax strategies to student loan counseling
- PetPlan - Pet insurance with customizable coverage options including unlimited annual coverage and reimbursement of veterinary exam fees
- CAP Job Board - Free to post jobs and search the resume database
- Paylocity - Online platform that streamlines payroll and HR support, including benefit administration, talent and labor management, applicant tracking, and more
- WorkWise Law, PC - Legal consultation, training, and guidance on California’s employment and labor laws
Regulatory, Reimbursement, and Risk Management
- Acentec - One-stop solution for achieving and maintaining HIPAA compliance requirements; dedicated IT support to manage and monitor your IT infrastructure
- athenahealth Revenue Cycle Management - Integrated practice management solution for EHR, billing, and patient engagement service
- Evolve e-Learning Solutions - Discount on all available courses for staff training with the code cap10off
- Medical Memory - Easy-to-use program that records conversations about informed consent, discharge instructions, and more
- PatientPop - All-in-one solution to create a customizable website, enhance your online presence, and protect your online reputation
- Physician Empowerment™ Suite - Specialty-specific data analytics tools that help practices increase revenue, improve reputation, and strengthen operational performance
For more information, please contact Sean O'Brien, vice president, Membership Programs via phone 888-645-7237 or email CAPAdvantage@CAPphysicians.com.
The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. and subsidiaries contract to receive compensation from certain product vendors as commissions or marketing fees. CAP uses these funds to control costs and provide additional services to its members.